.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Politics: Brewer Fakes Military Achievements -- For Her Father

More fakery ...

The problem of politicians exaggerating military achievements continues -- and it's even skipping generations. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer recently got angry at the comparisons of that states "your papers, please" policy on immigrants to Nazi Germany by invoking her father's martyrdom:
"The Nazi comments . . . they are awful," she said, her voice dropping. "Knowing that my father died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany, that I lost him when I was 11 because of that . . . and then to have them call me Hitler's daughter. It hurts. It's ugliness beyond anything I've ever experienced."
Except that he died in 1955. Of lung disease. Probably never even saw a Nazi.

From Brewer Fakes Military Achievements -- For Her Father by Ed Brayton, June 4, 2010, at scienceblogs.com.

No comments: